The Alliance data center provides a high-availability, risk-managed environment for critical IT systems. Our technology model focuses on what we call the “Five Life Support Systems” which are fire suppression, security, power, cooling, and connectivity.
- Fire Suppression— At Alliance, our data center is protected with Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA®).
- Security— Alliance also recognizes the importance of physical security and takes many countermeasures to ensure a secure operating environment for our customers.
- Power— Alliance engineers have invested heavily in ensuring that power problems are minimized to the greatest extent practicable. Within moments of a power failure, an emergency generator starts providing power not only to the UPSs but also to the buildings cooling systems, lighting, and other essential services.
- Cooling— The data center utilizes a hot/cold aisle approach to prevent hot air exhaust from one row of equipment from feeding into the intake of the next. This measure helps to maintain a uniform and optimal intake temperature for the supported equipment.
- Connectivity— As a carrier neutral facility, customers may either purchase bandwidth directly from the provider of their choice or take advantage of our top quality connectivity service. Alliance offers a fully redundant IP network with no single point of failure.